Or, more technically speaking, the brine.
Besides its wonderful taste, its beneficial electrolytes, its ability to help regulate blood sugar and support weight loss, and its nutritional, probiotic benefits,…pickle juice just tastes pretty darn good!
So good in fact, that when made into a salad dressing and enjoyed tossed with your favorite salad, you just might make pickles to enjoy making this delicious recipe afterward.
This recipe makes 1 cup or 4 servings and uses the bring of Great Lakes Pickling Company’s Polish Garlic & Dill Easy-To-Make Pickling Pouch.
- 2/3 cup pickle juice, strained
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh green onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (smooth)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, chopped fine
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Store in a covered jar or small container in your fridge.